Download: Nonprofit Law Podcast #40 (mp3, 12:05)
Tim Mooney… Welcome to the Nonprofit Law Podcast
Your guide to the laws impacting nonprofits.
Email the show
Due Diligence for Nonprofits
- Conflict of interest policy for board members, officers, and senior staff
- Whistleblower policy
- Document retention and destruction policy
- Gift acceptance policy
- Compensation policy
- Parent-subordinate consistency policy
- Contemporaneous documentation of meeting minutes of board and committees
- Compensation and Audit committees
- For grantmakers - Maintains records to substantiate the amount of the grants or assistance, the grantees’ eligibility
- for the grants or assistance, and the selection criteria used to award the grants or assistance.
American Council on Education - 501(c)(3) Due Diligence (PDF)
Email me with questions and suggested topics
Sign up for the free NLP newsletter... every week get the shownotes and resources sent to you by email, plus get additional free content on the laws impacting nonprofits. Go to nplawcast.com/newsletter for more info and to sign up.
Need more than the podcast? Tim-Mooney.com and Beyond the Podcast at nplawcast.com
This podcast provides general information about legal topics but it is not a complete discussion of all legal issues that arise in relation to nonprofits nor is it a substitute for legal advice. This podcast does not create an attorney-client relationship. This is general legal information and the contributors make no warranties regarding the general legal information provided in this podcast , and disclaim liability for damages resulting from its use to the fullest extent permitted by the applicable law